3.17.2008

We've Arrived!

Photo: Left to right: Vanessa, O'rehta Bassil, Shadrach Flomo, Pastor Charles Bassil, Mark Koffa, and Jacob


If you think I mean in life generally - absolutely not! But we have arrived in Liberia!!!

It was quite a trip. Everything went fairly smooth, but in Brussels we were delayed due to some technical reason for over an hour. And anyone who has travelled overseas for 29 hours or so knows that every delay seems like days.


But we made it to Liberia only about an hour late. We knew that there were supposed to be several people waiting for us, but little did we know what was going to happen. Unfortunately when we arrived and made it through customs we realized that one of our bags did not make it to Liberia (very unfortunate because it was all of mine and Jacob's clothes!!!). So I went ahead and sent out Vanessa, Macey, and Jacob while I filed a claim on the missing bag. Almost half an hour later the guy who helped us with our luggage came in wondering who I was and what I was doing there because I had a small army waiting outside for me. I did not know what to say.


As I waiting in line (for well over an hour total) Pastor Charles finally came in to find out what was going on. He told me that many, many church people were waiting for me and that Vanessa was being harassed for both of us (OK - I added the harassment part). Once I finally made it outside we had probably twenty or more people - all with shirts that they had made to welcome us. The shirts also said WE LOVE YOU on the back. I have to say it was one of the most humbling experiences of my life. What a joy to be working with people who truly honor God's purposes and God's people! We hugged and said our hello's and they helped us get our luggage into the cars and we were off to the hotel - what a wonderful welcome!

Day one was a true blessing from the Lord. We cannot wait to see what happens next.


(This post was entered today because we could not get access last night - for those of you keeping up with our trip).






Greg

No comments: